I have created this collection based on an image of High Tea with a lovely delicate pattern on the elegant china setting. This Chintz Collection is the result.
It contains a number of combinations using just 3 colours. A soft apricot, a stronger crimson and a green. These colours all came together beautifully and work well together.
A selection of these hanks would make a beautiful fade set and I have listed the ALL the individual colours in this product page to make it easy to find.
You are able to select the individual colours and hanks of your choice.
The prices are PER Hank.
Main colour names:
- Chintz - a very soft delicate variegated colourway combining both pinks and pops of speckles of the green.
- Chintz Bud - Slightly stronger colour combination of the same 3 colours
- Chintz Bloom - This one is the main event. With lovely shades of Tea Rose and Wine O'Clock it combines with the green washing through some of the colours and creating a unique look.
- Tea Rose - This softer apricot pink has been available in a semi solid colourway but I prefer the speckles and variations through out these hanks. Also available in Mini's
- Wine O'Clock - Another colour that has been tweaked for this collection with light and dark areas and speckles and pops of colour scattered through the hanks. Also available in Mini's
- If you want to add some extra flooff to your knitting, Tea Rose and Milk Maids are both available over on the Kid Mohair & Silk pages.
Yarn Base Details
- 85% Super-wash Australian Merino 19.5 micron + 15% Nylon Yarn
- Approx. 400 meters per 100 g hank/skein
- 80 mt per 20g mini.
- Hand dyed with Australian made dyes
- Super-wash Extra fine Merino
- Machine washable.
Recommended Needle Size
Needle Size: 2.5 - 4mm needle
Gauge (stocking stitch):
28sts x 36 rows over 10cm/4 inches on 3.25mm (US 3) needles
All of my yarns are hand dyed by me using Australian made dyes.
Please hand wash separately.